Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beach Painting

I painted a new picture that I gave to my husband for our anniversary. I didn't get to take step by step pictures because I was in a hurry to get it done! I tried to decide between a beach scene and a sunset scene. I finally decided on a beach scene. I used four different colors of paint for the sky instead of mixing different colors from just primary blue: Light blue, white, aqua blue and primary blue. For the ocean I used turquoise and aqua blue and primary blue. I used white for the birds and waves. I mixed red and white to create a pink and mixed it with copper and gold to create the beach. The hardest part was making sure to differentiate between the sky and sea. I had to make the horizon line blend with the sea without making it match. I was happy with the final result and my husband really loved it! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment